I hope you all have been enjoying the sweater weather as much as I have! I love bundling up in a cozy jumper and scarf in the cool morning air. Last year, when I reorganized my closet, I folded and stored them in a basket. I’m one of those quirky people who likes everything neatly folded to exactly the same size, so I used a homemade folding board (old kitchen cutting board). Honestly, they didn’t all make it into the basket folded in perfect unison.
I like the efficiency of hanging sweaters in the closet, but they get these funny pokey arms in the shoulder, slip off the hanger, and end up on the floor, or get stretched out and misshaped in funky ways.
Several months ago I found a neat, quick way to get those sweaters in the closet by folding it over a hanger. It’s simple and fast. You eliminate the three above misdemeanors, and it works for cardigans too.
- Fold the sweater in half lengthwise.
- Put the hook of the hanger so it’s in the armpit of the sweater.
- Fold the body of the sweater over one arm of the hanger.
- Then fold the arms of the sweater over the other side of the hanger.
- I like to tuck them in under the bottom of the hanger for extra security – absolutely no slipping off.